PDA

View Full Version : "Ich Attack" product

King Nine
04/26/2007, 09:41 PM
Has anyone seen this product (Ich Attack) and if so, how does it work. I was at another LFS than usual and they said they had just got it in but were unsure if it worked well or not. If I have and Ich problem I was told to stay away from copper and was looking at future problems.

jer77
04/26/2007, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't trust it. There's no evidence to show that it works and they don't say whats in it, so how can you trust it to be reef-safe? Why stay away from copper?

kau_cinta_ku
04/27/2007, 04:13 AM
2 best ways to cure ich in main tank.

1. setup a qt tank and move "all fish" into it and preform hypo

2. setup a qt tank and move "all fish" into and use copper treatment.

both options need a seperate tank as you can't preform it in the main tank without killing all the good stuff in it. and also both options need to have the main tank left fishless for 6-8 weeks to kill off any ich left in the main tank.

Shagsbeard
04/27/2007, 06:51 AM
Don't put anything in your tank that you don't know what it is... and furthermore can't test for concentraition. Most of these products are simply scents that induce fish to eat, and fish that are eating have a pretty good chance to fight ich off on their own. There's really nothing that kills ich that wont harm other living stuff in your tank.

King Nine
04/27/2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the replies, My LFS guy told me that copper reduces the fishs life expectancy to a year or little more.

kau_cinta_ku
04/27/2007, 07:32 AM
if done properly it should not shorten the life of the fish which is why you do it in a QT as to when the 6-8 weeks are up and you place it back into the main tank it will be copper free.