PDA

View Full Version : tunze master electric recirculation pump

coolkidtr
04/27/2007, 07:58 AM
Hi Roger, I have a large reef 600 gallons (400 gallon display and 200 gallon sump). I am looking for an alternative to my reeflo manta ray. It just pours heat into the aquarium and runs on alot of juice. I am dealing with about 25 feet of head and i am also teeing off some of the flow to my UV sterilizer,refugium and chiller. Does tunze make anything that can handle this load. Everything on the tank is tunze and I have yet to have any problems. I have tried lower voltage pumps such as the reeflo hammerhead and it cannot handle the head. I noticed Tunze makes recirculation pumps. Thanks in advance.

Tony

rvitko
04/27/2007, 09:40 AM
The main complaint I get on the pumps we offer is noise and the need to clean them. They are about the same noise level as a larger air cooled pump. They are water cooled and passively air cooled and calcium builds up and they need cleaning every 6 months or so. They do use far less energy and the high pressure model 1073.14 would pump about 900gph at that delivery head. They use 1.5" PVC. I am out of the 1073.14 but should get more soon. These pumps use an electronic system to kick up the Hz to about 75Hz and that is how they save electricity- they spin faster. We had problems with the first ones which have an aluminum heat sink on the side, the electronics would fail, new ones have a graphite/plastic heat sink and different internal electronics. The 1073.14 uses 230W.

coolkidtr
04/27/2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks Roger, any issues with going from 1.5" to 2" as my system is plumbed for 2 inches. Thanks again for your quick response.

Tony

rvitko
04/27/2007, 12:03 PM
It will likely reduce the head pressure.

Trickman2
08/26/2007, 09:30 PM
Whats the DB Rating on these pumps?