PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Reactors!!!!

bg3489
04/28/2007, 09:45 AM
Hello everybody! I am looking to put a calcium reactor on my 115 gallon reef system. I have a lack of coraline growth and pleanty of LPS corals along with softies and mushrooms. My calcium has been maintained around 420 ppm and alkalinity around 10 dkh. I however need to constantly add calcium to the system in order to keep these levels maintained. I'm going away to school next year and am having my father, sister, and maintence man from my lfs babysit the tank (not all to thrilled about this) and I'm looking to have as little responsibilites as possible for them. My idea is if I add a calcium reactor then its simplier for her to check and maintain. Does anybody have any suggestions of a relativley inexpensive calcium reactor that will do the job for me? Also I heard that double chamber systems maintain Ph as well and was wondering if this is a route to consider. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Rich_1833
04/28/2007, 10:01 AM
I would look into this. Some of the best prices around. http://www.thereefstop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_82_136&products_id=379

wife no likey
04/28/2007, 10:05 AM
I've been using a coralife reactor for a year now and it's fine. (putting on my nomex suit now :))

The keys to a reactor are your regulator and how you control the effluent (I use an Iwaki bellows pump)

The reactor itself is a fairly insignificant component IMHO. As long as it is an upflow design you should be fine.