PDA

View Full Version : Time Lapse Coral Photography

saknick16
04/28/2007, 10:30 PM
I am conducting research at Creighton University on SPS corals. I have just completed setting up the hardware and getting the water flowing. Before I begin stocking the tank with coral I would like to set up a time lapse camera to record growth rates and have a video to present in one year when all students conducting research give their presentations. The closest I have come, without spending over $500 is the Pclix LT100 (www.pclix.com). This is a neat mechanism but the problem is that I would also have to invest in a camera that is compatible. Does anyone know of any automatic time lapse camera. I say automatic because I am expecting to get the 'just push the button with your finger once a day' response.

Thanks for the help

Gilprado
04/28/2007, 10:38 PM
Nikon's Camera Control Pro has this feature, i think only work with Nikon DSLR cameras

coralite
04/29/2007, 07:49 AM
I love my canon powershot S3 and I occasionally use it with the time lapse feature. It only goes for about $350 these days.

gregr
04/29/2007, 08:38 AM
The Canon G6 has an intervolometer as well. Not sure about the G7 but it doesn't have a lot of the features of the other G series cameras, most notably the raw format, so I never bothered to even look at it.

mwhite
04/29/2007, 08:41 AM
When did Creighton start studying corals? When I was there it was more focused on arts and the plains.

coralite
04/29/2007, 11:28 AM
Hey are you one of the students that met up with Mitch Carl to view his coral tanks behind the scenes? If so this is Jake, I was there with the Creighton students when Carl was showing off his tanks.

mwhite
04/29/2007, 04:24 PM
Sorry, not me. I graduated from Creighton in 1985.

saknick16
04/29/2007, 05:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9838135#post9838135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralite
Hey are you one of the students that met up with Mitch Carl to view his coral tanks behind the scenes? If so this is Jake, I was there with the Creighton students when Carl was showing off his tanks.

Yes I am. I ended up missing your lecture but Im sure it was fascinating.