PDA

View Full Version : Return Flow

seeks
04/29/2007, 11:08 AM
I'm shortly going to be switching my 90 gallon over to a 125 and I have a few questions....The 125 is drilled for a close loop...Now the queston...should I attach my Titium T4 (1200gph) to the closed loop and connect my mag 7 for my return or just use my Titium for the return and plug the closed loop until later. I currently have two SEIo 1100 on a controller so either which way i will have 30x plus in flow..What do you guys think?

IslandCrow
04/29/2007, 12:43 PM
I'd go with the T4 on the closed loop (you mean the Velocity titanium T4, right?). I'm using that exact pump on the CL on my 46g, and I'm really happy with it. Were you thinking about getting a different pump for the CL? I definitely prefer the Velocity pumps to mags, especially with their dry cut-off feature. Of course, now that I say that, it's kind of nice having that for your return pump in case your return line gets somehow clogged and run the return on your sump dry.

OK, here's what you do. Just scrap the Mag, get another T4 (or maybe just a T2 or T3) and use the second Velocity pump for your return. You are made of money, right?

seeks
04/29/2007, 03:50 PM
Not a bad idea hahaha....can anyone tell me what the return flow should be in respect to the size of tank...in this case 125gal