PDA

View Full Version : response to URGENT CALL TO ACTION thread

onecrzyboi4u
04/29/2007, 06:39 PM
My opinion about that whole thread.. i feel that it's nice that people are actually standing up for the reefs in the world.. but i feel that there should be some agency to check pet stores and such to make sure they are providing the right care for the animals.. Also they should be educating people more about the hobby before jumping right in over their heads. ( this is where reef central comes into play) I feel if it wasn't for reefcentral most people in this hobby would be lost.. my self included.. i have learned alot but reading up on different topics. just to gain info about something.. even if i don't have that animal in my own tank. I feel their are 2 big issues with this hobby so far. the number one would be the bleaching of the animals. Most animals die due to it.. and plus people buying animals that have no idea on how to care for it. i feel thats what killing or taking away from our reefs at this point in time. Just think of the number animals are lost in a months time to a year for bleaching. then take that for couple years.. i feel there is your answer..

Far as the boats and cruises i feel they should expose there waste some other place made just for waste. They should be fined a good couple thousand dollars. The transport of oil and other items should be transported another way.

Far as trading thru local reefers.. i feel that is good way to learn more from one another in each others methods on how they maintain there reef for what their keeping. i feel there is nothing wrong with it.. the animals are used to be in captivity so things are much easier.

But this is my overall opinion.. to each his or her own.. i just hate it when people think what we do is so wrong.. when they have there own 'addictions" that could be wrong as well..