PDA

View Full Version : Flame angel

pencilcup
04/30/2007, 10:39 AM
Has anyone successfuly put 2 (or more) flame angels in the same tank?

Aquarist007
04/30/2007, 10:43 AM
I just added a flame angel to my tank with a coral beauty--expensive lesson--he wacked it over night. The general rule is you can't mix and match dwarf angles.

xravenzx
04/30/2007, 11:14 AM
I know some have added flame 'pairs' together with no problems. I don't know about adding separate flames in at the same time.

pencilcup
04/30/2007, 12:35 PM
My 200g currently have

1 4" Yellow Tang
1 5" Sailfin Tang
1 6" Powder Brown Tang
1 8" Sohal Tang
1 3" Bi-Color Angel
2 1.5" Percular Clown
1 3" Clarkii Clown
2 Blue Reef Chromis

Now, I would want to add 2 flame angels (Off course, put them in the same time). Anyone could forsee if I will have problem?

Jaken
04/30/2007, 01:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9844672#post9844672 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pencilcup
Has anyone successfuly put 2 (or more) flame angels in the same tank?

Yes, I have...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=903963&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
http://www.fellsman.se/loriculus/flame.gif

flameangel88
04/30/2007, 01:56 PM
I added a med FA last Nov and about a week later I added 3 more: very sm, sm and Lg. The very sm didn't made it and it didn't look good upon arrival. The Pygmy was in there since last June will chase the sm FA but the lg FA will chase the Pygmy and the med FA and Pygmy kinda ignore each other and swim pass the other.

I've a juv Blueface (about 3 1/4") and a 4 - 4 1/4" Majestic and they don't bother the FAs.

I'd to remove the Blueface for about 6 wks when it was afraid to come out to eat because of the Majestic. After re-introduction both are doing well and there's still a little chasing but no harms done.

Watch closely upon introduction and be prepare to take one out if you see serious aggression.

triggerman41
04/30/2007, 04:31 PM
Ya, ive heard you cant put more than one dwarf angel in a tank. there might be acceptions though, i dont know a whole lot about it. I just have one coral beuty in my tank.

dblase
04/30/2007, 05:41 PM
i love those fish

mr. clown man
04/30/2007, 05:55 PM
yea they are very beautiful fish i used to have one, it added alot of color and alot of energy into my tank however mine was pretty aggressive.

Faviaphile
04/30/2007, 06:21 PM
It seems to me that adding at the same time is essential! Each fish is different though and I bet it's hit or miss. Sometimes two is a bad number with fish- then they really pick on each other. I like Jakens idea (BTW that is awesome!) I bet having several, disperses any squabbles amongst the group more evenly.
Is your Bi-color a dominant fish in your tank? Got any ideas about who runs the hierarchy in your tank?

adtravels
05/01/2007, 12:46 AM
I have just added at the (weekend) a 1 inch flame and a day after a 3/4 inch pygmy to my 36 gallon. They are in there with a flame hawk.
They are both tiny and as far as today there has been minimal aggression, about 1 encounter in 10 results in a small threat posture but nothing bad. i have alot of branching rock and alot of different macro and micro algae. so competition is low.

This is an experiment and I can tolerate so low level aggression as it is what you would experience in the wild.

I also have a 55 gallon tank and a 20 gallon already set up and running if a problenm occurs but I hope they can grow up together in peace (relative).