PDA

View Full Version : Fairy wrasse with a Flasher wrasse

Thurge
04/30/2007, 11:41 AM
I am aware of how mixing male Fairy wrasses works but I have never seen the question of Flashers and Fairy compatibility answered. I have an African Exquisite, Solerinsis, and a Fine Spot in my tank with no problems after they figured out the pecking order. The Fine Spot made it into the overflow which made me think how easy it would be to remove him and how I would then have more than enough room for a pair of fish. I checked with the LFS to see what pairs were on this weeks list and there is a pair of "Purple Cresent Tail Flashers and the male has at least 6 dorsal streamers" now on order for me. To the best of our ability the LFS owner and I are expecting it will be Paracheilinus cyaneus (Fairy & Rainbow wrasses... pg.14).
My question is if the males are of similar size what are the chances that the males will get along? I know that similar sized male Fairys that have similar coloration will fight but does that apply to Fairy and Flasher wrasse males together, also?
Thanks

snorvich
04/30/2007, 12:58 PM
I have a mixture of fairy and flasher wrasses in both of my tanks and all get along well.

DeltecRules
04/30/2007, 06:00 PM
I have a P. attenuatus (flasher wrasse) with my fairies and they get along great. I will say once in a while my male exquisite wrasse will bug the hell out of my P. attenuatus (flasher wrasse)
when dinner is served. But other wise they get along great.

Thurge
05/01/2007, 09:44 AM
Cool, thanks for the info.
Anyone else keep Flasher's and Fairy's or more importantly have a male Flasher that is similarly sized and colored to a Fairy male in there tank?