PDA

View Full Version : worth going to retail store?

siropa
04/30/2007, 06:13 PM
I live maybe 2.5-3hrs away from rhinelander and was wonder if its worth the drive up to the retail store for livestock purchases. What is the selection of corals and fish like?

dfs/la2
04/30/2007, 06:38 PM
Siropa,

Thank you for your question about our great retail store. Our supply of corals and fish may vary from day to day. Therefore we would recommend contacting our friendly staff at our store for more information before making plans for your visit here. They will be happy to inform you what is available. The store phone number is 715-369-9312 and the daily hours are Monday – Friday 9 AM – 6 PM and Saturday 9am - 5pm. We are sending a link for you to click on to view our details on the easy to find location. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/general.cfm?gid=323

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Pat S.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

t5Nitro
04/30/2007, 06:53 PM
I live near them. I recommend calling before going. They usually have lots of clams, a softie coral tank, and an SPS frag tank along with maybe 3/4 marine fish and 1/4 freshwater fish, along with the shelves stocked with equippment and the warehouse has it all, right behind the retail store.

I would call first because they may not have much of anything in. I was just there and they had no clams in along with low selection on fish, but don't get me wrong, they usually are stocked with a lot of really nice stuff, I think they get their orders in on Thursdays.

siropa
04/30/2007, 07:18 PM
great. thanks for the feedback. given the lack of marine stores where I live (appleton), I usually have to go to milwaukee or madison if I want a LFS and rhinelander isn't horribly farther away.

Rare Angels
05/03/2007, 08:23 AM
SIROPA,

I live in Appleton also, where about are you? I regularly go to the Chicagoland area to get my fish.

Dave