PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Marin Pro salt

StrategicReef
05/01/2007, 10:35 AM
Hi DFS, do you think the Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt might arrive BEFORE the listed date of 5/18? I am running out of it and I don't want to switch to another brand. But 5/18 is cutting a bit close for me.

dfs/la2
05/01/2007, 12:00 PM
StrategicReef,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize, however, that is the current date given by the manufacturer. If we receive a shipment in earlier than May 18th we will change the web site immediately to show the availability. If you need to order salt before this date, we would be glad to offer you assistance with choosing another brand.

Gwen S.

StrategicReef
05/01/2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks
Do you know the long term availability of this salt here
Hw MarineMix?

Is this regularly available from DFS?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4874&Ntt=marinemix&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

dfs/la2
05/01/2007, 02:33 PM
StrategicReef,

Thank you for your response. According to our records, we show that the HW Marinemix Plus BioElements is currently available for ordering. Additionally, we have checked with our Purchasing Department, and they plan to continue offering this product for the long term.

We do our best to keep a proper availability of items in our catalogs and website, however there are times that an item can become out of stock due to demand or availability from the manufacturer.

Mike S.
Tech Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

StrategicReef
05/01/2007, 04:08 PM
Thank you for your information, I am certainly considering this as alternative but do you have more information about this salt (hW MarineMix). I think it's a german import but the description of this product on your website is very vague in my opinion... Just what is this salt good for?

I am keeping SPS, what is the expected Ca Alk and Mg for this salt -- if you have this information available..

dfs/la2
05/01/2007, 04:41 PM
StrategicReef,

Thank you for your interest in the HW MarineMix Salt. This product is primarily designed for reef aquarium use. A breakdown of the elements in this salt can be found on the manufacturer’s website at the following link: http://www.hw-wiegandt.de/Englisch/Meersalz/meersalz.html

Mike S.
Tech Support
Drs. Foster and Smith