PDA

View Full Version : Rbta

TeeLapia
05/01/2007, 11:21 AM
I have a RBTA, he split four times, and I have 4 different RBTA in my tank. On his initial split maybe 4 mos ago, split twice thus giving me 3. My main RBTA kept it's reddish tint along the tips, while the split started to get some green and orange tint. The split on that guy remains true deep red throughout.
My main RBTA split again, and has since seemed bleached with reddish tips. just to sum things up....
2 - with reddish tips
1 - orange tips with green base
1 - deep red
Anyone know why there are so many color variations with my RBTA since they all came from the same anemone? I just don't know why....

55g 150w/MH 20k 2/65w actinic PC

650-IS350
05/02/2007, 09:28 AM
Stress.. and there location on the tank after the split.. my Equadorian RBTA's after the split ( clone ) looks like crap for a while till it gets aquainted to the tank and starts to eat... I hope your not feeding your clones right away till their mouths are fully developed...

TeeLapia
05/02/2007, 10:32 AM
yea, I wait until then. But one clone is bright red, one is orange with green base, and mother, and other clone just has the tips. If they are all in the same aquarium and same lighting... Why would I have so many color variations?
As far as feeding I wait maybe a week or so until feeding. I do take careful attention to the mouth prior to feeding them (clone/parent)