PDA

View Full Version : Wave Box Help

strittmatter
05/01/2007, 07:31 PM
I came home today to an alarm going off on my Wave box. When I pulled it out of the tank I did not see anything caught in it. So I went a head and took the prop out of the motor to take a look at it. It appears the proper is not on connected to the magnet part of the shaft very well it wiggles. What parts do I need to replace? Is there a number I can call you at so I can get you a better description of what is going on?

Going through your pictures on the how to clean a pump thread (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1071516)

My set up looks exactly like the first picture. The black “cap” piece is not staying on the White piece very well and the whole white piece wiggles on the magnet shaft.

rvitko
05/02/2007, 09:06 AM
I understand the problem, the cogs that engage the brakes and also engage the shaft are broken. As a result the magnet spins without turning the prop and the sensor is detecting this and sounding the alarm. The best solution is to get a new drive unit 6200.70.

strittmatter
05/02/2007, 04:44 PM
How do i get one ASAP?

rvitko
05/03/2007, 09:52 AM
You could order one on Tunze.com, it would be shipped UPS ground. I have a few meetings today but should be back in around 3pm and could ship it by whatever UPS method you prefer.