PDA

View Full Version : new 6g nano-cube, help me pimp it out

lubricus
05/02/2007, 09:29 AM
Just went from my 3 gallon Picotope to a 6 gallon nano-cube, I cant believe how many critters, LR, and coral that i crammed into that little 3g tank lol! I took my old stock 50/50 and mounted it in to the hood so now I have two lights. Sorry no pics I'll get some up soon, anyway i love the look of this new tank, but its missing one thing a fish or two, I think before I add any fish, id like to add a 15g-20g sump/refugium under my desk, anyone have a good link or some tips on how to go about this?

Rosseau
05/02/2007, 11:05 AM
Can you drill the tank? That's a good question to answer first. This will sort of determine how you get your water out of your JBJ and into your sump and back up again.

Rosseau
05/02/2007, 11:07 AM
lubricus
Registered Member

Well, on second thought, I'm sure you're competent enough to be drilling holes into your tank.

lubricus
05/02/2007, 11:24 AM
Drillings not the problem, its where to drill and not ruin the look of the tank, id like to hide most of the tinkering that i do, I dont want things to be looking to DIR. I'm just looking for a few good ideas to see what some of you may have already dun.

thanks Bill

lubricus
05/02/2007, 04:34 PM
Has anyone removed the black plastic panel that divides the tank from the filter?

demon16v
05/02/2007, 05:54 PM
Hey Bill,
I have taken the rear divider off before, 2 different tanks. It comes off really easy because the silicone doesn’t stick to the plastic well. On one of the tanks I replaced the divider with black acrylic, drilled 3 holes for 3 pumps and cut out a real surface skimmer. On the other tank (friends) I drilled holes for return pumps and moved the stock divider 1 inch, more, into the display area to give the back some room for MJ 900’s, heater and larger fuge. For this, I also had to make new baffles in the back out of acrylic and glued them to the divider with WeldOn 16 them silicone to the glass. When you go to put the divider back in you want to rough up the plastic so that the silicon adheres a little better.
Look on NanoReef and you will see some drilled NC.

lubricus
05/03/2007, 07:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9863635#post9863635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by demon16v
Hey Bill,
I have taken the rear divider off before, 2 different tanks. It comes off really easy because the silicone doesn’t stick to the plastic well. On one of the tanks I replaced the divider with black acrylic, drilled 3 holes for 3 pumps and cut out a real surface skimmer. On the other tank (friends) I drilled holes for return pumps and moved the stock divider 1 inch, more, into the display area to give the back some room for MJ 900’s, heater and larger fuge. For this, I also had to make new baffles in the back out of acrylic and glued them to the divider with WeldOn 16 them silicone to the glass. When you go to put the divider back in you want to rough up the plastic so that the silicon adheres a little better.
Look on NanoReef and you will see some drilled NC. Hey thanks :) I was just sitting here thinking about removing the filter system altogether and gaining and extra 3-4 inches. I could drill the bottom and install a stem-pipe, that should give me a little more room for aquascaping:D