PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestion on a Co2 Regulator and Solanoid

stonecold
05/02/2007, 12:13 PM
I'm getting ready to buy a Calcium Reactor unit and am in search of expert advise as to which Co2 Regulator and Solanoid is best in the price range of $100-$150. I've owned Milwaukee before and I'm not buying another.:-)

Any advise/suggestion is much appreciated!!!!

Yinger
05/02/2007, 12:29 PM
I had a milwaukee and was never able to get a consistant bubble count, then it died on me a few months later. I bought it brand new too. Switched to a JBJ and I would definitely recommend it.

old salty
05/02/2007, 01:43 PM
Your search is over my friend!!

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AQUARIUMPLANTS_com_s_Co2_Regulator_The_BEST_p/co2-1.htm

The price on these has steadily increased; probably because they are selling them like hot cakes now. I have one with a two way manifold and it is rock solid in it's ability to provide CO2 at a constant rate. 3 year warranty is 3 to six times longer than most other manufacturers.

AZDesertRat
05/02/2007, 04:37 PM
I have never had a problem at all with my Milwaukee A957. For some reason some people do but mine has been flawless for almost 3 years now. I have called Milwaukee tech support with questions on my pH controller and their customer service was excellent. They even followed up waith a call a few days later to make sure my questions were answered, now thats service.

The only thing I did find was if you run the pressure at closer to 20 psi rather than their recommended 10 psi you get a better more precise bubble count. I never adjust the bubble count at all now.

stonecold
05/02/2007, 06:00 PM
I had a Milwaukee before. On the first day, the gauge broke pressure gauge broke. Then, I always had to adjust the bubble count continuously. I'm sure that Milwaukee makes great regulator and solanoid....maybe I feel into 1 of those percentages that happened to have a defected product.

I was thinking of getting 1 from Reef Fanatic. I've heard good things about it as well. But after further considerations, I think that I'm that I'm going to go with Old Salty on this one.

jokerjp
05/02/2007, 06:22 PM
I have experience with buying from a private supplier in the planted tank world whom I highly recommend. Top notch quality parts at reasonable prices. I've purchased from Rex before and I will again.
http://www.rexgrigg.com/sale

The unit mentioned above from www.aquariumplants.com also gets good reviews and uses quality parts. A third alternative I would suggest looking into would be "The ultimate C02 regulator" from www.aquabotanic.com

You won't be sorry you spent a little more on a quality unit after you see how stable the bubble rate stays.

old salty
05/02/2007, 07:25 PM
Rex will certainly build you a quality regulator. He is the one that actually talked me into doing a pressurized CO2 injection setup for my freshwater tank. Before that, I was using the yeast/sugar method for CO2 production.