PDA

View Full Version : Volitan lionfish HELP...

sushiROX
05/02/2007, 08:18 PM
First of all (I know someone's goin to ask.):
Have had him for 2 years...he's about 9"-10"
75Gal

1.)most of his "mohawk" isn't spiked up
2.)he hasn't eaten in 5 days (I normally feed him 3-4 times a week)
He goes up to the food and flinches at, barely opens his mouth... and wont eat it.
3.)no, he does not have cloudy eyes
4.)no signs of "ich" either

sushiROX
05/02/2007, 08:19 PM
I forgot,
Thanks in advance!!!:p

agreeive?fish
05/02/2007, 09:48 PM
check your water chemistry...sometimes if the chemistry changes they will stop eating...what types of food have you been feeding..if you have gotten him over to prepared or frozen foods some times if you put a live feeder fish that can live in saltwater for a while he might start to hunt then after he eates the first time try going back fto frozen prepared...that has worked for me in the past when mine stopped eating...good luck

justinl
05/02/2007, 10:23 PM
lions go on hunger strikes fairly often. They may neglect food for a few weeks before eating again. yes it is normal. Keep offering food, but if he doesn't want it, remove it.

sushiROX
05/03/2007, 10:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9865484#post9865484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agreeive?fish
check your water chemistry...sometimes if the chemistry changes they will stop eating...what types of food have you been feeding..if you have gotten him over to prepared or frozen foods some times if you put a live feeder fish that can live in saltwater for a while he might start to hunt then after he eates the first time try going back fto frozen prepared...that has worked for me in the past when mine stopped eating...good luck
I have been feeding frozen shrimp...I tried live yesterday and he did the same thing...Like he was considering eating but then changed his mind.:sad1:

sushiROX
05/03/2007, 10:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9865701#post9865701 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by justinl
lions go on hunger strikes fairly often. They may neglect food for a few weeks before eating again. yes it is normal. Keep offering food, but if he doesn't want it, remove it.
That makes me feel a lot better,
thanks for the input homies:dance: :beer: