PDA

View Full Version : Well its about time!!

zanclus
05/02/2007, 09:11 PM
Hey all its me I'm happy to see that us STers finally have something to call our own!!! Heres to a sucussful society! :beer:

fatrip
05/02/2007, 09:15 PM
Here Here!!!!

drbronx
05/03/2007, 05:12 AM
We should celebrate with some real suds one of these days. Where do you guys find those great icons anyway?

fatrip
05/03/2007, 06:01 AM
yes we should...i was wondering th same thing about the icon

nwrogers
05/03/2007, 06:08 AM
If you click on the “post reply” button on the bottom right of any thread the page it brings you to has a list of smilies on the left. If you click on the "Get More" link at the bottom of that list you can choose from a bunch of different ones like...

:uzi: :dance:    :thumbsup:

Glad to see you here John :)

fatrip
05/03/2007, 06:10 AM
cool but there is no beer on still???

nwrogers
05/03/2007, 06:13 AM
12th one down on the left, don't forget to click the "Get More" link...

:beer:

fatrip
05/03/2007, 06:14 AM
i guess it is a little early for my eyes...lol...by the way YGPM nate...

zanclus
05/03/2007, 08:25 AM
Nate how do I add my web page to the STRC page

nwrogers
05/03/2007, 09:28 AM
Just ask me :)

I will try to get it done at lunch...

pappasth
05/03/2007, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone.... It's been a while since I have posted on Reef Central but thought I would say hello. I recognize some of you from URS a few years back, I am glad to see there are a good number of us around the area now. I haven't been to active the last few years just kind of lurking behind the scenes I guess. Work, Kids, and our families new business has kept me rather busy lately.

nwrogers
05/03/2007, 09:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9868075#post9868075 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pappasth
Hi everyone.... It's been a while since I have posted on Reef Central but thought I would say hello. I recognize some of you from URS a few years back, I am glad to see there are a good number of us around the area now. I haven't been to active the last few years just kind of lurking behind the scenes I guess. Work, Kids, and our families new business has kept me rather busy lately.

Hi Tom! I checked out the photos in your gallery of your 220. Very nice!!! How is the tank doing? Do you have any recent photos? Glad you stopped in to say hi :)

nwrogers
05/03/2007, 11:07 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9867504#post9867504 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zanclus
Nate how do I add my web page to the STRC page

I updated it.

pappasth
05/03/2007, 12:42 PM
Hey Nate, unfortunatly last summer during our heatwave in early August, I lost all my SPS. I was out of town when the heat struck so i tried to walk my wife through setting my timers so the MH's would not come on. Well she managed to fix them so when they came on the next day they stayed on 27/7. I had a few fish that made it, my clams and all my softies. It's taken a while but I eventually went through everything and cleaned it up but I still have a little ways to go in restocking. I will get at some update picts pretty soon.

nwrogers
05/04/2007, 07:26 AM
That is a bummer! I am glad to hear you are still at it though!! I did something really bad to my 150 this morning and I am hoping my tank pulls through it :( I am feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety over it right now. It is always sad to hear when unfortunate things happen to peoples tanks. I feel like we are always on the edge of disaster with these tanks we keep. I look forward to seeing your new pics, make sure to start up a new thread once you take them :)

drbronx
05/04/2007, 10:21 AM
Hey Pappasth: A blast from the past. Glad to see the new forum drew you out of hiding. Sorry about the tank. I'm sure, I Nate and others can help out with some cheap and even free sps to help repopulate your tank. Like nate says, we are all a cocaine heartbeat away from disaster at all times. Thats why nate and I "bank" frags with each other. I recommend that others do the same.

Nate: What the heck did you do now? What happened? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe I'll have to change my coral bank:)

pappasth
05/04/2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the offer, I may certainly take you up on that sometime. It was not a pretty site, I came home to a tank full of white skeletons and algea. I was very surprised to see there was quite a bit that pulled through. I am trying to prep for the warmer months again now, we have toyed with getting Central AC installed in the house because all the cost of electricity to run the dehumidifier and fans 24/7 and the house still being hot just doesn't seem to make sense.