PDA

View Full Version : please give me a good cleanning crew for my 90g tank

khoivo1
05/03/2007, 07:29 AM
hi every one ,,,my tank is cycle for 5day now so it time to start putting some cleanning crew right?? if so please give me some advice what is good crew for my 90g tank and where to buy them at?? and how many do i need ?? thanks

fatdaddy
05/03/2007, 08:33 AM
I'd wait until your ammonia and nitrates go to zero. No reason to rush it as you don't want to either poison or starve your cleanup crew.

I'd recommend blue legged hermits (as they're peaceful), narcissus snails, and turbo snails. As you're about to have algae, I'd also get some emerald crabs and later sally lightfoot crabs.

Are you aiming for fish, corals, or both?

Dingo Dog
05/03/2007, 09:27 AM
Wrong. It's not even clost to being time yet. Plus there is no way on this planet that a tank will cycle in 5 days. Keep asking questions and doing research. Most importantly, being patient with your tank will save you much frustration, time and money. Saltwater tanks cannot be rushed and be successful too.

detroit_fan
05/03/2007, 10:42 AM
way too early... be patient it will save you tons. i hate crabs, jmo.

BCreefmaker
05/03/2007, 11:08 AM
when you start to get big clumps of hair algae growing everywhere... then its time, until then like everyone said read up on what your adding. and ditto on the crabs the only crabs i would have is an emerald if i could go back. most hermits are cool to look at but some will destroy snails and other stuff for no reason.

Nano Chris
05/03/2007, 11:53 AM
The only crabs i see as reef safe is the Emerald Crabs i have one in my sump now (getting 2 for the main tank) to help keep it clean.

Aquarist007
05/03/2007, 12:05 PM
I agree blue legged hermits do not mix with snails. Eventually they kill them for new homes. They can also annoy/damage alot of coral.
I would not put anything in that tank for 4-5 weeks. Even if the tank has cycled once---it has to do it many times to increase the bioload handling capabilities of the bacteria

Aquarist007
05/03/2007, 12:06 PM
forgot to ask---how much live rock to you have in the cycling tank?