PDA

View Full Version : gotta frag i need to save....

LA-Lawman
05/04/2007, 11:08 AM
Welp I woke up this morning to a farg that has resesion in the middle of it tissue. one of the heads on my frogspawn had died and some of the tissue was blown into this acro... i was able to peel the tissue away and this was the result....

what can i do to save the frag..... it has grown real nice for the last few months....

the top of the frag has split and grown encrsuted on a rock. i really do not want to damage it....http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/24630badfrag.jpg

let me know what you thiink

CMcNeil
05/04/2007, 11:11 AM
it will probably grow back.i had a pocci that over half of it was wiped out by one of my millis.within 3 weeks it had new polyps grown over the dead spot.if you saw it now you would never know it was 1/2 dead just weeks ago.

LA-Lawman
05/04/2007, 12:26 PM
wow alot of replies.... lots of lookers with no idea i guess

GMAX
05/04/2007, 12:38 PM
Doesn't look fatal to me. Watch the coral closely for the next couple weeks, but I would bet doing absolutely nothing will be the right answer and letting Mother Nature heal it up.

Jaebster
05/04/2007, 12:49 PM
Just to be safe, why no frag off a piece and plant it elsewhere? Unless conditions are optimal, healing is not a very easy thing, especially if the coral got infected. Even with you removing the infection, I'm sure there are remnants of the bacteria(?) on the tissue. Watch it for a day or two and if you see the infection progress, frag it.