PDA

View Full Version : Bubble on a mushroom - General shroom help

DarthFred6996
05/04/2007, 01:00 PM
When I got home yesterday I went straight to the tank as usual and was checking everything out when I noticed that my one solitary green mushroom that I got as a hitchiker in some chaeto had this bubble on it. It was like someone injected water under the skin and it looked ready to pop. None of my purple shrooms have a problem. My parameters are near perfect with only nitrate above 0 at 10 ppm. Calcium is 400. Ph is 8.2. Phosphate = <.05.

Is this a natural thing? I thought maybe it was about to release spores or something. I really like this freebie and want it to spread.

Also my purple shrooms have completly covered the rock I bought them on and the larger ones are stealing all the light from the smaller ones underneath. What is a good way to remove and relocate the shrooms and have them saty where I put them? One purple shroom decided to move the other day and I found it floating on the sand. I have moved it 4 times now only to have it be disturbed by a snail or hermit before it gets attached.