PDA

View Full Version : green hair algie(help)

mazdaghost
05/06/2007, 06:42 AM
i have been dealing with this for 4 month and i cant get rid of it.
i put a phosphate bag in my filter and got rid of the plant and not the hair algie.i reduced my lighting and food i was feeding my fish.
i increased my flow with bigger pumps in the tank. i tryed taking the rock out and scrubing them and getting the hair algie and it worked but in a week it grew back. i am at my wites end. my test i did are as follow

calcium-480
ph-8.2
nitrate-0
nitrite-0
amonia-0

kau_cinta_ku
05/06/2007, 06:54 AM
are you using rodi water?

mazdaghost
05/06/2007, 06:57 AM
yes i am useing rodi water

kau_cinta_ku
05/06/2007, 07:14 AM
you could try adding a fuge and adding some macro alage. also turbo snails eat that stuff like mad

Neurotech
05/06/2007, 07:20 AM
get more snails. Do NOT give up. Be honest with yourself about how much you are feeding. I hear that neon gobies might eat that stuff.

Bmgrocks
05/06/2007, 07:57 AM
Use a Simple AC Fuge for a refugium....

there is a tthread on it in the Nano Tanks forum, tried to find it, but the search object on my comp..isn't working

tankies
05/06/2007, 10:35 AM
all said plus...get the mexican turbo snails....they really do the job.
i got a turbo of different variety before adding the mexican ones...and it was useless for GHA. after introducing the mexican...in just 3 hrs...cleared my 2 rocks...and in a week time...almost gone. now...i dont worry abt GHA growing for i know there are the mexicans will eat it.. my worry now is, to start supplemeting food for them for doing a great job(running out of GHA for them to feed)
another thing...i just hope ur problem is not bryopsis.