PDA

View Full Version : 36" 6 lamp tek light. what bulbs?

Deranged-Jester
05/08/2007, 03:55 AM
howdy all,
i know i could do this in the lightin forum. but they get 10million posts a day. and the tank will be 100% sps so i wanted your opinion. from front to back what bulb combo do you think i should use for a 36" 6 lamp tek light?

Serioussnaps
05/08/2007, 06:39 AM
ATI blue plus
ATI blue plus
GE daylight
ATI Aquablue/GE daylight
ATI blue plus
AtI blue plus

This is what I would do....it all depends on your taste. I like a heavy blue tint, but the GE really washes out alot of blue. The good thing is that the ATI blue plus puts out almost as much(i mine really close) PAR as an Aquablue. GE daylight and blue plus gives a more natural look than the Aquabluish color IMO as well. I see the pure actinics as a waste...PAR losers and they are purple. If ATI's sunpro is back out I may consider it in place of the GE...but the GE bulbs come free with the fixture and IMO they are pretty good bulbs if you can wash out the yellow of the 6500K. I gave em a shot and I would actually buy them now.

fijiblue
05/08/2007, 07:32 AM
I currently use:

ATI Blue plus
ATI Aqua Special
ATI Aqua Special
UVI Aquasun
ATI Aqua Special
ATI Blue Plus

I love the color. Before I had every bulb minus the UVI Aquasun, plus a super actinic. Looked like this:
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/1524353.JPG
It just didn't look right until I added the Aquasun. That gave it the red/pink spectrum to make things pop. I am shocked at the output from these things too. I am running at 43,000 lux at the surface with the fixture 6 inches from the water. That is 10,000 lux more than my 2 250 DE MH's!:D

Deranged-Jester
05/08/2007, 12:40 PM
where are you guys buying your bulbs from? also are there any geissman users out there?