PDA

View Full Version : QT treatment

discotu
05/08/2007, 05:06 PM
I have a 12g nano that I am using to quaranten a flame angel and royal gramma. I have about 2 cups of live sand from the main display in there as well as a ~5lb piece of LR that will go into the display once the fish are ready.

The flame has recently started to develop ich. Here is my treatment method and would like to hear other thoughts suggestions.

I am feeding frozen mysis with a dab of cyclopeeze and sprinkled with Hikari Metro+.

I don't want to dose with copper as I do not want it to soak into the LR and leach back into the display.

I'd hate to keep pulling them out to do fresh water dips. Infact, i would probably pull the LR out and do copper first.

Since it's only 12 gal, can i reduce the salinity? My understanding is that for this to work it needs to be done rather quickly (ie fresh water dip) in order for the parasites to essentially burst. Can I pull out X amount of water and slowly siphon RO/DI water into it over a period of X hours until the salinity reaches the optimum parasite killing level?

Basically, i want to use the least stressful method of curing these fish. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!!