PDA

View Full Version : 72G Bowfront glass looks weird! Help!

MikeBrke
05/08/2007, 05:57 PM
Hello,

My front piece of my 72G Bowfront tank is looking weird. I tried taking pictures but they didn't show anything so I will explain it the best I can.

It looks like there is translucent white spots all over the glass. They are connected and cover about 60% of the glass. You have to look at it kinda hard to see them. It is noticeable though once you see them. It is not algae of any kind. I tried scrapping it off, using vinegar, and scrubbing. It is only on the inside part of the glass.

Is this a sign of glass being stressed? I should mention that my tank was empty for about 3 months and was in a un-air conditioned storage unit. However, it didn't get really hot, nothing over 95 or so degrees.

Could it just be a chemical reaction of some sort that stained the glass? I did use a dishwasing sponge one time on my glass. Also, I don't think it is getting worse but I am not sure. I recently got betterlights and I think I can just see it better now.

Thanks,

Mike

snommisbor
05/08/2007, 06:01 PM
Have you added a buffer lately. I know when I started my tank and was getting the KH up I got a film of white stuff on my glass. Once I scraped it off it never came back.

MikeBrke
05/08/2007, 06:15 PM
No, I haven't added buffer lately. I can't scrap it off either.

MikeBrke
05/08/2007, 07:11 PM
Bump

Jay Fortay
05/08/2007, 07:20 PM
what kind of dishwashing sponge. the scrubby side will put fine scratches in glass.

frederickk
05/08/2007, 08:17 PM
Can you get a pic?

MikeBrke
05/08/2007, 09:03 PM
No these are not scratches. I can't get a pic because you can't see it. It is kinda hard to see with the naked eye even when youare a nose length away.

I am trying to see what bow front tanks do when the glass is stressed. I just want to make sure it isn't going to break.

Icefire
05/08/2007, 09:24 PM
water stain?