PDA

View Full Version : 72G Bowfront glass looks weird! Help! Now with Pic!!

MikeBrke
05/08/2007, 10:26 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/MikeBrke/CIMG1924.jpg <p> The top left after the power head cord is where you can really see it. See how it looks like transparent white spots.<p>

My front piece of my 72G Bowfront tank is looking weird.
It looks like there is translucent white spots all over the glass. They are connected and cover about 60% of the glass. You have to look at it kinda hard to see them. It is noticeable though once you see them. It is not algae of any kind. I tried scrapping it off, using vinegar, and scrubbing. It is only on the inside part of the glass.

Is this a sign of glass being stressed? I should mention that my tank was empty for about 3 months and was in a un-air conditioned storage unit. However, it didn't get really hot, nothing over 95 or so degrees.

Could it just be a chemical reaction of some sort that stained the glass? I did use a dishwasing sponge one time on my glass. Also, I don't think it is getting worse but I am not sure. I recently got better lights and I think I can just see it better now.

Maybe hard water stains? But it is only on the front glass. Not anywhere else.

Thanks,

Mike

MikeBrke
05/09/2007, 10:49 AM
Bump

MikeBrke
05/09/2007, 04:26 PM
Bump

Peter Eichler
05/09/2007, 05:31 PM
Did you try scraping it with a razorblade?

MikeBrke
05/09/2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it actually kinda worked. Except I had to use the edge of the blade and it only takes little tiny lines off at a time. Is there anything I can use to scrap glass forefully?

Is there some kind of acid I can use?

Peter Eichler
05/10/2007, 10:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9911186#post9911186 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MikeBrke
Yeah, it actually kinda worked. Except I had to use the edge of the blade and it only takes little tiny lines off at a time. Is there anything I can use to scrap glass forefully?

Is there some kind of acid I can use?

If you go left-right rather than up and down you should be able to get the blade flush with the glass. Wetting it with a little vinegar and water solution may make it easier. If that doesn't work maybe try filling the tank with a vinegar solution and using a scrub pad...