PDA

View Full Version : cheap sump

Aztlan_LA
05/09/2007, 02:07 AM
Hi guys, under my stand I have a width of 11 inches. All the 20 gallon tanks have a width 12inches. I was thinking of using two 10 gallon tanks. What do you think? What would be the best way to plum them? Or would a 10 gallon tank be enough for a 55 gallon tank? I need to fit a AquaC EV 120 skimmer, mag 5 pump, eheim 1260 return pump, a couple of heaters.

I currently have a Pro Clear 75 Wet Dry filter, no room for the skimmer. I want to keep the skimmer in the sump. Don't want any accidents.

Thanks

Aztlan_LA
05/09/2007, 04:14 PM
I was thinking of putting the tank return and the skimmer and skimmer pump in one tank. Then plum it to the second 10 gallon tank that will have some baffles and the return pump. I can drill the the tanks but will one 1inch bulkhead be able to keep up with the flow to the second 10 gallon tank? I was think of raising the fist tank to let gravity flow the water to the second tank.

What do you guys think?

harrisagogetter
05/09/2007, 04:17 PM
melevsreef.com has a great tutorial on a sump for a 55. Worked like a charm for me. Has everything that you could want in it.

Aztlan_LA
05/09/2007, 04:28 PM
I have been to melevsreef.com. Read everything about sumps.

I didn't find the answers I'm looking for. I even emailed him. But he never replied. That's why I'm here. :)

Thanks