PDA

View Full Version : Salinity????

fatrip
05/09/2007, 11:30 AM
So i screwed up big time this morning.....i did my usual routine feed the fish check everything out...the water was a lil low so i turned on the the RODI to full it a little...then went to work...i get a call....your tank is looking funny...WHAT???...yeah it looks funny the blue tube is bulging out the sides and it looks fuller. the main tank looks a little high too...OK SHUT EVERYTHING OFF...the main tank drained and...THE RODI was still running...had her check the salinity....little lower than it was before...only by .001 just wondering why it didnt drop lower??? i went home at lunch and took 10 gallons out...thats how much RODI went in...the system is about 70 gallon...i figured that the salinity would drop like a rock....

Piazzon12
05/09/2007, 01:53 PM
Your salinity was going to originally be high due to evaporation, the RO would have brought you back to normal, and then any excess water should have made it drop.

fatrip
05/09/2007, 02:03 PM
yea but it wasnt down too much maybe a half gallon and i had to take out 10 gallons to make it go back to normal...so 9 and a half extra gallons only brought it down to 1.024 from 1.025ish...i just thought it was kinda wierd that it only brought it down .001...i thought it would have plumited...

RyanM
05/10/2007, 08:13 AM
It takes a good bit of water added to drop it very much. I had mine pretty high in salinity at one point and it took a huge amount of water to reduce it even a little bit. Eventualy had to remove some water to drop it enough to get it where i wanted.
It was only.002 high