PDA

View Full Version : mh problem help please

khoivo1
05/09/2007, 03:01 PM
hi everyone here in RC ,i got a Odyssea 48" 542W Metal Halide Aquarium light system with
Metal Halide: 2 x 175W HQI double ended

Fluorescent: 2 x 96W Power Compact

LED: 6 x Blue Moon night light
my problem is only one light fired up or sometime other light fired but not both,,,i noted on light bulb is 10000k and other is 20000k is this giving a problem or maybe something else??
is there any thing that i need to buy to pix or replace it,,thanks

GTR
05/09/2007, 03:30 PM
If it has two MH it must have two ballasts. Turn both off, let it cool off and swap the bulbs. If it follows the bulb, it's the bulb.

I'd be a little concerned about the problem switching back and forth on it's own since that would more than likely be a incoming power problem or a short.

I watched a dual 250 go up in smoke a couple weeks ago. It was in a manufactured box so that offered some fire protection but that was sitting on plywood and may have gotten hot enough to ignite.

BTW, I've not seen 175 in a DE version. So check to see if the ballast and bulbs are both the same wattage.

SteveU

khoivo1
05/09/2007, 03:54 PM
hi there,, i only have one big box of ballast 13"x14"box one switch turn both light on but never get both up fire,, the bulb is double ended ,,any thought??

khoivo1
05/09/2007, 06:49 PM
anyone know what wrong with this light system?