PDA

View Full Version : Help seperating nano-cube top from tank...

SHLove16
05/09/2007, 04:33 PM
Hello, I am trying to get the top off of my nano cube to change the pump (from stock to maxijet) and I can't figure out how to get the hood off. I do not wan't to force it and break it so if anyone can tell me how I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

Illuminati
05/09/2007, 05:34 PM
I know this works for the 24, not sure about the 12.

Stand in front of the tank.

Raise the hood.

Put your stomach against the front of the tank so it can't move forward.

The hinges should be visable. Pick the hinge on the left that your looking at. Using your left hand pull the corner towards you while using your right hand to hold the tank in place. Do it gently to see if it pops free.

If you can't do it gently then odds are the hinges on the 12 are not the same as on the 24 and my advice is worthless :)

SHLove16
05/09/2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks so much. We tried exactly what you said and it work.

Thanks again.

Illuminati
05/09/2007, 06:09 PM
Glad it worked :)

SHLove16
05/09/2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I filled my tank with tap water(just to help clean it) how long should I let it sit with the pump on before I take the tap water out and dry out the tank so I am ready to add my salt water? I was thinking maybe a day or two, just to give the water a chance to dissolve any dirt or chemicals left in the knooks and crannies of the tank (just a thought).

Thanks,

-Simon

Illuminati
05/09/2007, 08:48 PM
Not a bad idea to do a freshwater leak test like your doing. I wouldn't worry to much about getting the dirt out of the nooks and crannies, you will do a few water changes before anything live goes in it but it's your tank so do what feels right :)

What pump did you go with? The 900?

SHLove16
05/09/2007, 09:09 PM
Yup, it works great. You and everyone else on the forum have been a great help so far answering my numerous questions. I can assure you that there will be more to come too.

I plan on going to my LFS tomorrow and getting the already made saltwater and possibly Live Rock if it looks good. I think I have almost everything I need, except the test kits and such which I shall pick up when I get the water. When I get more situated and comfortable with the new hobby (right now I am learning so much information so fast) I will start mixing my own saltwater.

-Simon