PDA

View Full Version : any tips on how to anchor a lta?

baussie
05/09/2007, 06:32 PM
I have the deep sand bed and rubble. I dug out a hole, set the lta's foot down into the hole, distributed sand to cover the foot, added some reef rubble, but its out again bobbing about on the sand bed. I turned off all power heads but one to give it time to securely anchor itself. I'm not doing something right.
Can someone please provide step by steps on how to anchor a lta? I want to be gentle and it's tentacles are very sticky, plus I want to keep it's stress level down.

bencozzy
05/09/2007, 06:43 PM
IME they need to bury their own foot. just give it time.

if all else fails you could super glue it in place!!!!:lol:

baussie
05/09/2007, 08:08 PM
ok..I've got heavy duty super glue here..lol!

Its on the rock (I don't want that) right now an inch or two above the sand.

LTA sure do move their tentacles a lot. I haven't been able to see its mouth yet. I think I like this lta better than the bta I had a few years ago.

baussie
05/10/2007, 04:32 PM
The lta found its spot and is digging its foot into the sand. It fact, when I try to move a leather the lta had settled next to and applied a little pressure to the side of the lta, it resisted my pressure (strong sucker!). The lta choose a spot where it is surrounded on three sides by lr and it is in the very middle of the tank, out in front no less! I must admit it is showcased beautifully.
I got the anemone so the clown would quit trying to get my brain to host it...now the clown is hanging out with the midas blenny. The clown is eyeing the lta...maybe there will be a connection in the next few days.

bencozzy
05/11/2007, 10:23 AM
thats great news

AzaZeL
05/11/2007, 03:17 PM
pics????