PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on powerheads

rachelcb80
05/10/2007, 09:35 AM
I'm trying to figure out which route to go for circulation and flow in my tank. I've got a 125g with a few LPS and softies right now. I'm slowly stocking so will be adding more as time goes along. Probably will not be getting many, if any, SPS. Right now I've got two MJ mods and I am sick to death of them. I'd love to just run out and get a couple Tunze 6100's with a controller but I can't begin to afford $800+ right now. What about the Nanostreams and the Hydor Koralias? Would they work well in a 125g or would I have to get to many of them to be effective? What are my other options?

Any ideas and advice is greatly appreciated!

woodycb
05/10/2007, 09:52 AM
2 or 3 of the hydor koralias #4's would work great. They move a lot of water and they are very low power consumption. They are on sale right now at drs.fostersmith.com.

Village Idiot
05/10/2007, 09:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9915052#post9915052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by woodycb
2 or 3 of the hydor koralias #4's would work great. They move a lot of water and they are very low power consumption. They are on sale right now at drs.fostersmith.com.

Sounds like a winner!