PDA

View Full Version : Is there any damage to anemones that split??

sruiz
05/10/2007, 11:50 AM
On Sunday I bought an anemone and tuesday it split. Is there anything I should do, what is the healing process? It seems that my bigger clown will not go in the anemone anymore. It also took him 1 day until he rub against it. But now he doesn't look at it. My little clown is the one that rubs against both of them. Is the anemone OK?

papagimp
05/10/2007, 11:57 AM
Another means of propagation, anemone's, particularly bubble tips, are prone to doing this from stress induced factors. If he's a new anemone, it was probably the move and acclimation that caused him to do this. Probably nothing to worry about though. As for the clown not hosting, this too can happen, for no reason at all (at least not one that we understand or have discovered yet) May host later with it, may never touch it again, clowns are wierd like that.

sruiz
05/10/2007, 12:03 PM
thanks, do you think they will both survive, and if I want to give it to a friend should I wait a while?

Sepeku
05/10/2007, 01:01 PM
I'd just hold steady. Let them both chill for a bit and keep things stable.

BTAs have pretty horrendous track records in captivity to start with. But it has been in my experience that nems in general do best when you leave them alone and plan around what they do.

Let them acclimate to your tank and grow. If they are healthy after a few months, then trade it out.