PDA

View Full Version : nano skimmer help please

mmd
05/10/2007, 05:06 PM
i traded my remora for a nano skimmewr w/a local reefer.
it is in a 37 oceanic with the water at the exact same height as the water line in the skimmer, plugged it in and got the foam (looked like boiling water w/bubbles) to the line on the bottom of the cup as directed, it has since dropped about a 1/4 inch (the foam), its only been up about 3 hours and no foam ever entered cup (*as noted level actually dropped) i can loosen the adjustment screw and even remove it the level does not rise...pls help

smatter
05/10/2007, 05:47 PM
Give it some time, it will start to produce foam. The water level can be a bit above or below the suggested water level. Make sure that the air hose inside the unit is not kinked and that the pump is seated properly.

mmd
05/10/2007, 06:32 PM
will do thanks

rvitko
05/11/2007, 09:08 AM
Just a note, I generally find our skimmers work better when they are raised up so the water line is 1/4-1/2" above the water surface. The US 60Hz pumps are very slightly stronger than the 50Hz models.

smatter
05/11/2007, 10:05 AM
I wish the magnet mount on my 9005 was a bit lower so I could raise the skimmer more. The trim on my Oceanic tank gets in the way. I actually have to have my water level about .25 inch or more above the water level mark and I can still see a bit of the water below the tank trim. It seems to be working fine, but it would be nice to be able to raise it a little.