PDA

View Full Version : spitting food back

eeorrandy
05/11/2007, 06:04 PM
My RBTA seems to want to eat, it's taking a 1/4" piece of food, raw shrimp, silverside, mysis, even a piece of fresh raw halibut into it's mouth for about 10 minutes, spitting it back out, swallowing it again.. spitting it out.. over and over again until the food finally floats off.

It's under 150w hqi 15k, 29g with stable parameters.

this is a wc animal that I've had for several weeks in it's own tank. I'm running out of ideas of what to feed it that it might keep down.

I've tried mashing the food to soften, chopping fine smaller pieces...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Randy

redvipe2010
05/12/2007, 01:02 AM
If you can get your hands on some of Rods Food I highly recommend it. If not, try feeding some of the meaty foods listed in the ingredients that you haven't tried.

Is the anemone still looking healthy? Can you post a pic?

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RR-FOOD-6&Category_Code=Mysis

Slakker
05/12/2007, 01:28 AM
If it's only been with you for a few weeks, it may yet be settling in. Perhaps it'll start eating in time as it adjusts to its new environment.

redvipe2010
05/12/2007, 01:32 AM
His post says several weeks. I would start to be concerned. Would like to see pics to see the over all health.

I personally refrain from WC. It is a lot of stress on the anemone before it gets to the home aquarium.

jdieck
05/12/2007, 01:47 AM
Post the pics if you can but it can simply be that you are feeding it too frequently

eeorrandy
05/12/2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I don't have any recent pics available, but the anem still looks pretty much the same as when I first got it.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1104724

I haven't actually been able to get it to keep anything down for very long yet, so I don't think frequency is a problem, if I understand you right.

Slakker, I do hope it's just an acclimation issue ... and I think I'll get some of that Rods food and see how that works out.