PDA

View Full Version : First hitchhiker good or bad?

Dave VG
05/12/2007, 04:26 AM
Looked it up appears to be a peanut worm. Are these good or bad? I have removed it till I get the ok from you guys. Sites I visited really don’t say good or bad. When I was removing it very gently mind you the opposite end from the worm part opened and it looks like intestines popped out and a little cloud of whatever puffed out It did this it’s self, I did not break it open. I figured this could be potentially bad that’s when I removed it. Right after the puff of stuff my Coral Beauty came around the corner and like hit a brick wall and could not get out of there fast enough. I know some things can nuke a tank. Was really worried but all seems well this morning.

Dave

Piazzon12
05/12/2007, 07:07 AM
If it is a peanut worm, from what I've read they are harmless detrivores. I have several living inside my live rock and only come out at night. As far as the worm reaction when you removed it, you'll probably be ok, I havent ready anything about them being dangerous (chemically).
Just a little tip if you want to search the site, but the function isn't working, you can use google and just search "peanut worm site:reefcentral.com". You can use that for any site for that matter.
Adam