PDA

View Full Version : encrusting montipora help

MikeEe
05/13/2007, 08:58 PM
seems like a few of my encrusting montipora has been going down hill as of late. I have tons of plating montipora and they are all doing well. It started out with my rainbow which started losing flesh at random spots and has since stopped but have browned out serverly. Now it is my purple haze. The polyps are still there, but is bleaching. Now I see missing flesh on my superman monti frag. Ive searched everywhere for these montipora nudis, but I can not find anything. My pokerstar and sunset and other montis are still doing good. A lil brown out though. Could high phosphate be doing this? I have added 4 anthia in the past 2 weeks and have bumped up my feedings. Please help. Thanks

Alk-9.6
cal-400
ph 7.9-8.1
temp 80-81

running dual 2x250 de

SPSFiend
05/13/2007, 11:12 PM
Check your tank at like 3am with a flashlight for nudis. If no nudis then I would try moving the affected colinies to elsewhere in the tank. I have found that some montis just don't like certain areas in my tank and thrive in others. Good luck!

Solitaryensis
05/13/2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, my first guess would have been nudis, as random bleached spots usually indicates that. Ive noticed that corals generally dont make it without dipping or eradication so you may or nay not have nudis on your hand but thats the first place i would look.

MikeEe
05/13/2007, 11:55 PM
so you cant see it during the day time? I took the coral out and put it in a bowl and inspected thorougly under the sun light.

Solitaryensis
05/14/2007, 12:31 AM
You can, but they tend to be more active at night. if you had it out already, why not just dip it to be on the safe side?

MikeEe
05/19/2007, 09:12 PM
well turns out my magnesium is at 1110. Do you guys think this could have done it?

fijiblue
05/20/2007, 04:16 PM
I just had a spell of this too...it is not nudis. The tissue actually falls out like RTN on a acro. Must be some kind of bacterial infection.

Cultivatedcoral
05/20/2007, 08:58 PM
I doubt it was the Mg at 1110 unless it was a big drop suddenly.