PDA

View Full Version : what next

str8clownr
05/14/2007, 07:23 PM
ok, so

ive finally got my tank where i want it... and i just set up a refugium and added a skimmer...

my next objective is to help make the system more automated, i already have timers... so im trying to make it so i can leave it alone alot longer, what should my next move be?

build a calc reactor?
build a phosphate reactor?
get an auto top off thing going,
make a way to auto dose supplements..?

the more that i can DIY the better, as im in college and would like to keep costs low.

I know you guys have good ideas, so let me hear them.

i keep everything but sps

Creade
05/14/2007, 07:24 PM
Auto topoff would be my next step

MTB
05/14/2007, 07:28 PM
Auto top off
phosphate reactor
auto doser

In that order. That would be my approch. You may not have that high of a calcium demand to facilitate a reactor. You know, with out SPS you will have a small calium demand. Just curious, what size tank are we talking about here?

str8clownr
05/14/2007, 07:31 PM
the tank is a 65 gallon with a 20gallon sump.... now, what do you guys use for auto top off, what is my best bet? can i build it? is there a way to mAKe IT slowly enter the tank over time so i can maybe just add all my nutrients to the top off water and it will be released slowly in small doses?

what do you guys do?

str8clownr
05/14/2007, 11:40 PM
anyone?

alan214
05/15/2007, 05:56 AM
I am using the Tunze Osmolator to do my topoff. It seems pretty solid and I've been pretty pleased with it. It has an option to use it for calcium dosing but I've been holding off on doing that.

frederickk
05/15/2007, 10:58 AM
I would go with the top off