PDA

View Full Version : YAY received order from saltwaterfish.com

chrisjet
05/15/2007, 03:12 PM
My first time ever ordering fish online so i was very skeptical. I was preparing myself for the worst. I gotta say when i got my shipment this morning i was more than pleased. All the fish looked super healthy and were lively swimming around. I acclimated them all then put them right into the tank. From now on i will always order from saltwaterfish.com. They even gave me extra hermits and snails. Also there was an extra peppermint shrimp. I was also surprised to see a new shirt with the order for free I would highly reccommend this company to anyone. The packaging was excellent, all the bags had plenty water and were sealed tight and they were neatly packed in a cooler. I also ordered a coral that looks great. The prices of the fish cannot be beat, especially compared to an LFS. I went to a LFS this past weekend and was shocked to see some of the prices of the fish I ordered I.E "Niger Trigger $15 LFS $44. Coral beauty $19 lfs $39. Powder Brown Tang $34 LFS $69. Porc Puffer $15 LFS $39. Diamond goby $19 LFS $29. Thats just to name a few. Now I know we should be supporting LFS's but if it is gonna save me a significant anount of money, I would rather order online. The shipping cost was $20.Once again saltwaterfish.com is the shiznit!

Thanks,
Chris

Tony44
05/15/2007, 07:29 PM
I was gonna order some fish from that site, and still might. Really ticked me off though, they say if you order more than $79 worth, which I was going to, shipping would be free. Then they want a $10 processing fee, and another $10 fee because of high fuel costs are causing increased shipping prices, ridiculous I think.

arts007
05/15/2007, 08:13 PM
I used to buy my fish online, but have not for several years... I like to see the fish first before I buy them, but Im glad you had a good experience with them.

and Tony dont buy any more wrasses LOL

Phoric
05/15/2007, 08:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9950241#post9950241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tony44
I was gonna order some fish from that site, and still might. Really ticked me off though, they say if you order more than $79 worth, which I was going to, shipping would be free. Then they want a $10 processing fee, and another $10 fee because of high fuel costs are causing increased shipping prices, ridiculous I think.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've been wanting to place an order from them, they seem to have decent selection, and the free shipping deal was hard to pass up. So I put together my order, a mix of some corals and fish and inverts I've been wanting... And then I go to check out, only to see that "Free Shipping" is nothing but a ploy, and they quietly tack on $20 in additional 'fees' before you submit the order. Forget that.

Tony44
05/15/2007, 08:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9950836#post9950836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Phoric
I was just thinking the same thing. I've been wanting to place an order from them, they seem to have decent selection, and the free shipping deal was hard to pass up. So I put together my order, a mix of some corals and fish and inverts I've been wanting... And then I go to check out, only to see that "Free Shipping" is nothing but a ploy, and they quietly tack on $20 in additional 'fees' before you submit the order. Forget that.

And the thing that ticks me off the most is that if they are going to tack on all these fees, I wish they would say that before you order. I dont mind an extra $20, I can afford that because I am still saving money compared to if I was buying it from the LFS, and I am getting a 15 day guarantee which no LFS can give you. I hate when people, or companies or anything advertise something, and it never turns out to be the way they said its supposed to be.

nick18tjetta
05/15/2007, 08:58 PM
I am very suprised with your experience with Saltwaterfish.com. I had a much less satisfying experience, and would never recomend Saltwaterfish.com to anyone. I will not talk about it becuase this not the proper forum, and I just want to let you know Reefcentral has a Vendor Experiences forum, and that is where threads like this belong. I wish you luck, and hope you don't get the bullet playing Russion Roullete with Saltwaterfish.com

DouglasTiede
05/15/2007, 09:42 PM
I have had the opposite ordering from there and so has a few of my local reefer friends. We have had all sorts of bad thing happen from them..

Orders coming in missing things that we paid for, only to never get an answer in email from them. You call their phone # and no one ever answers. They have sent orders where over half the live stock was dead and their in house credit numbers don't work when you enter them.

They are a hit or miss company. If you get a good shipment great!!

If you get a bad shipment and need to talk to someone or are trying to get credit
with their livestock guarantee, forget it. Customer Service is nonexistant with them

DouglasTiede
05/15/2007, 09:43 PM
oh and I forgot, the extra cost of fuel charge added to the order is a joke..

Jah2707
05/16/2007, 09:12 AM
I had an order that some stuff came dead. They said they would replace all of the items on my next order. Of course I haven't ordered anything else from them. What do they think I want to pay a hundred dollars for crappy items again. No way