PDA

View Full Version : Bombing house.....

Texas Reef
05/15/2007, 03:19 PM
I am setting off bug bombs (foggers) in my house this weekend. Has anyone ever used these in a room with their tanks before?

I was thinking about just covering the tanks and sumps with plastic or towels. Do you guys/gals see anything wrong with this?

Fat Man
05/15/2007, 03:21 PM
Would you leave a dog/cat/hamster in the house while you bomb it? If it was me, I'd first look for an alternative to bombing. iI one could not be found I'd seal the tanks tight.

Silverfin
05/15/2007, 04:10 PM
I don't think plastic or towels are enough.....
I'd completly move the tank to a room that's not going to be poisoned or a place were its safe to put the tank and the fish. Leaving your tank INSIDE the house WITH the fish inside while the foggers are going on just doesn't sound like a good idea to me but hey, its your tank....

HippieSmell
05/15/2007, 04:26 PM
I heard of one person that totally covered the tank in plastic, then I think he ran a pipe for ventilation outside. Nothing died, but it's risky for obvious reasons. If it was me, I would make a plastic tent with two ventilation pipes, one intake and one outtake. Then pump air through the the tent. Make the outtake diameter small enough to create positive pressure in the tent. That way air will only flow out of the tent (besides the air intake). Kind of like those CDC biohazard suits. PITA, but probably easier than moving the tank.