PDA

View Full Version : Macroalgae question

ralphie16
05/17/2007, 12:09 PM
You guys sell shaving brush plants and something called a christmas tree plant. Sold out at the moment. How often do you guys get these in? Personally I have never seen the christmas tree plant available, just the email me logo. Are these pretty rare to get in?

Also, I purchased a couple of shaving brush plants from you two months ago and all of them lost there bristles within a few weeks and completely deteriorated. Can you please give me some advice on keeping them alive because I really would like to add some more to my tank. Do they require really bright light? Is it possible that my chaeto in my fuge outcompeted them for the neccesary nutrients? Are these generally difficult to keep? I only have gobies and none of them bothered the plants so thats def. not it.

Thanks!

dfs/la2
05/17/2007, 02:41 PM
Ralphie16,

The Christmas Tree plants availability can be unpredictable. We hope to have them in stock within 6-8 weeks.

We’re sorry to hear that your Shaving Brush plant did not fare well. We recommend planting the Shaving Brush in the substrate under a well-illuminated area in your tank/sump. Additionally, this plant will benefit from the regular addition of an iron supplement, as well as trace elements. Moderate flow rate is also beneficial to this plants well being.

Ginger K.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

ralphie16
05/17/2007, 03:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9963191#post9963191 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
Ralphie16,

The Christmas Tree plants availability can be unpredictable. We hope to have them in stock within 6-8 weeks.

same thing with the shaving brush?

dfs/la2
05/17/2007, 03:41 PM
Ralphie16,

The Shaving Brush plant is normally available on a monthly basis. It is a very popular item and sells out very quickly. Please feel free to click the Email Me link and we will send you an automated email as soon as it becomes available.

Ginger K.
LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith