PDA

View Full Version : Yellow eyed kole tang not eating

LionfishFinatic
05/18/2007, 05:30 AM
Well its day 5 and he still isn't eating so i am coming to the experts. he was fine and healthy over at the LFS and was really fat when i got him.he is probably stressed out with the tank size lol (went from maybe a 20 long to a 125). i have been trying formula 2 cubes and no luck. i need to go back out to get something else sometime this weekend. what do you guys think i should try to get him eating again?? Thanks in Advance!!!

LFF

Fig
05/18/2007, 10:04 AM
Try putting in some Seaweed Algae sheets either under a rock or on a clip.

JGoslee
05/18/2007, 09:13 PM
I agree with fig. My tang loves nori soaked in selcon. I use a clip to feed mine.

LionfishFinatic
05/20/2007, 05:50 PM
thanks you guys, any other methods you guys use if this one doesn't work??

AJtheReefer
05/20/2007, 06:21 PM
call the LFS to check what they were feeding the fish before you got it.

Variety is the key. Try pellets, spirulina flakes soaked in garlic. Nori on the rock is a good idea.

Is she foraging on the rocks or eating detritus? How does the fish belly looks?

LionfishFinatic
05/21/2007, 03:10 PM
right now she is foraging and nipping at the rocks and glass. she doesn't look to bad color is a little lighter than normal, not too much though and she still is pretty fat lol :) (got the fattest one they got) im probably going out to the LFS today....hopefully (my parents won't drive me grrr!!!) well i'll give you guys an update later on. Thanks for all the help you guys!!!

JokerGirl
05/21/2007, 05:07 PM
It took mine about a month before it started eating any kind of prepared foods. Don't despair, if it was already pretty fat, it should be fine.

prugs
05/24/2007, 09:26 PM
Try some frozen mysis shrimp.

LionfishFinatic
05/26/2007, 09:54 AM
im sorry to say that he passed away yesterday. it seemed he was so stressed out from moving everywhere he just passed on. i believe i got him from the LFS just when he finally came accostomed to his tank over there ( might have been a day) and i acclimated him and put him into the tank. the pork puffer looked to get along with him but i wasn't there the whole time. I believe he got lymphocitus and it was to much for him. i threw him in a hospital tank and he passed away an hour later.