PDA

View Full Version : new clown fish

Ronny#66
05/18/2007, 11:37 AM
I purchased two 2 inch clowns last night. one kinda goes after the other not bad but the fish stays in corner of tank at top . Or swims up down glass in corner. tThere in 25 gal tank with two 1 inch chromis and one inch skunk clown . the two new fish ok if i turn out lights and leave on moon light. tank has been going two months water is ok only calcium is down to 360 can I get a Anemone for the clowns to hide in ? Do you need more than one ?
Tank was a previous set up that sycled when it was moved and resetup.

taillonjohn
05/18/2007, 12:12 PM
what kinda clowns are they? clowns don't mix very well with other clowns.... only certain types you can buy in pairs, and some clown species don't mix with other clown species.

MTB
05/18/2007, 12:15 PM
When I added my two clown one chased the other til it died. Never did figure it out.

What kind of lights and what are your other parameters like? Need to know for anemone.

Edit: I didn't read that you had the skunk. The skunk clown may start chasing the other two clowns. That is a small tank and the skunk clown will make the whole tank her territory. Also some clowns take to anemones better than others. i.e. Perculas typically take a long time to host a buble tip anemone.

Sepeku
05/18/2007, 12:20 PM
If the 25 gal you are using is only 1 month old, its highly unadviseable to get an anenome.

frederickk
05/18/2007, 01:46 PM
Better wait until your system is well establish and stable.

Ronny#66
05/18/2007, 08:04 PM
Can anyone rell me why the LFS told me that these two perculas would be ok together? He was more concerned about the skunk that bothers no one in the tank. i asked him why these two clowns were in separate tanks he told me they were bought that way. I should of suspected something. i got to tell ya not first time that info was not corect from this shop. i the fish dies i will be back there and demand my 4 back and will take my $ elsewhere. By the way they have no quarantee on any thing the customer takes it on the nose. I'm not a happy camper!