PDA

View Full Version : Please save me from spending $$$$$$

cashman95
05/18/2007, 04:02 PM
I am about to switch up my Iwasaki 15K 175 watt Halides for something diiferent, but before I do, does anyone have any pics of their SPS under these bulbs? I dont want to make a mistake by changing lighting, but I am just not getting the color that I want from these bulbs. Should I wait it out and see if the SPS colors up some more? Some Iwasaki 15K SPS pictures might give me hope on this current setup.....Please help!

I am planning on going to PHEONIX 14K 150watt HQI's instead of these Iwasaki's, but I am not sure that they will have enough light output to keep SPS in this 75 gal tank. Anyone know if they will work? My Iwasaki bulbs have more PAR output than most 250 watt bulbs including HQI's...so I am a little shy of down sizing to 150's unless I get the REEFCENTRAL seal of approval!!

I have the ARO electronic ballast that can run both 175watt and 150 watt bulbs so thats the reason for downgrading to 150's. NO money spent on ballast!!!!

Please Help Me from making a bad costly decision!!!!

Brian

RichConley
05/18/2007, 04:59 PM
The Iwasaki 15K is like the best bulb ever made.

Theres no way you're going to see an improvement in color switching to the phoenix.

I can 100% guarantee you that light is not your issue, and its nutrient/flow. You have more than enough light.

A.T.T.R
05/18/2007, 05:12 PM
does the 15k come in 250 watt? is it de?

cashman95
05/18/2007, 06:37 PM
I am pretty sure nutrients/flow are not my problem either?

Have 2 tunze streamers.....do not know my nutrient levels, so that would be the only other thing? I dont feed that much and only have 4 small fish! Have a cheato refug. and an oversized skimmer that rocks!

I will get a phosphate reading soon, but I can almost guarantee that its low. I dont ever have to clean my glass and great coralline growth...Spelling?

cashman95
05/19/2007, 04:11 PM
anyone have any Iwasaki 15K tank shots?