PDA

View Full Version : whats a good fish to get???

fatrip
05/18/2007, 04:43 PM
hey guys i am wondering what fish will filter feed my sand???i have seen jaw fish feed on bigger rocks like crushed coral and such but not sand....thanks

Dave VG
05/18/2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.petsolutions.com/Lawnmower+Blenny-I-108900L-I-C-16215-C-.aspx

Blugobi
05/18/2007, 08:16 PM
Try a diamond goby, yellow headed sleeper goby...there both sand sifters....there are other sand sifting gobis as well....They really need a deep, well establish sand bed to work with or will eventually starve.

Szwalla
05/19/2007, 05:56 AM
That is definitely a good choice. Only one drawback from my experience...is that they get sand all over your LR.

St.james of reefdom
05/19/2007, 08:13 AM
I have 3 diamond gobies, Two of them have paired off and the other male hangs out behind the rock and sifts back there. The other apir are all over the tank , it is true sometimes I get home and the tank is kinda cloudy from all the sand that has been kicked up.
However, I look at that as they are feeding the coral and helping the skimmer do it's job as well by getting the detritus into the water column to be skimmed.
It is true that the rock will get sand on them , the sand has bacterial particles on them so you will get Pods and other foraminafora(sp?) feeding on the bacteria
In my opinion , it is a win win all the way around

zanclus
05/20/2007, 10:21 AM
I have to agree with St James... I just love my diamond gobies they are very cool to watch working the sand.