PDA

View Full Version : Can you take a boat to Grand Cayman and or Cozumel and then stay in a resort?

10" Red Devil
05/18/2007, 08:49 PM
I was wondering if its possible to book passage on a ship that goes to the Caribbean specifically Grand Cayman, and or Cozumel and be able to get off and then stay on the Island for a week, then pick up a ship back to the U.S.? My GF is deathly afraid of flying and will not fly. I have wanted to go back ever since I went a year ago and I finally have the opportunity and we have a tentative plan to go to the keys, but Im really jonesing for some snokeling in the Caymans!! Is this possible? Thanks for any info.

xxaquanutxx
05/19/2007, 06:04 PM
Hi... I live in Grand Cayman and actually used to work for Carnival Cruise lines when I lived in Miami recently.

You are allowed to take a cruise and get off and stay at a location. The only thing is that they will not discount your price for that and they will not pick you up or wait for you. You will have to book another separate cruise and board from Grand Cayman as opposed from their originating port. You will have to make arrangements with the cruise line to note it on the bookings and passenger logs.