PDA

View Full Version : QT tank size please!

Rijinals
05/20/2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, so my PBT, YT, 2 clowns and cleaner wrasse are going bonkers! Flicking and covered in ich. I also have a coral beauty and 3 gobys that are in there which are not so bad!

So I need to set up a QT for ALL of these fish and prepare for copper. So what size tank can all these guys happily live in for 6 weeks while my inverts only, stay in the display?

The QT will have a filter, 2 powerheads and hidy holes like plant pots in there and only natural light from the sun will be used! Does this sound ok?

Rijinals
05/20/2007, 04:11 PM
Hang on though! Do I need a tank for QT? I think some of you americans have these "rubbermaid" things. Could I just buy a massive tub or vat and treat them in there???

billsreef
05/20/2007, 05:04 PM
Yup, find a nice sized cheap plastic tub and it will work well ;)

kfowler
05/20/2007, 05:59 PM
Agreed. Probably the cheapest way to go.

alan214
05/21/2007, 07:11 AM
Well, there's cheap and then there's functional. A Rubbermaid tub does a poor job of allowing you to observe exactly how your sick fish are doing. You really need to be able to see them clearly from many angles to get a good idea on what method should be used to treat them and whether the chosen method is successful and possibly having any adverse effects.