PDA

View Full Version : High End Halide/T5 lighting fixtures

Kirk_M
05/21/2007, 07:55 PM
I'm currently looking into upgrading my lighting. I currently use T5s only on an SPS dominated tank, and am having great success with it, but, I DO miss the shimmer lines of halides, and, for some reason, I am unable to maintain deep green colors on things such as emerald green monti capricornis with a purple edge (that looks wonderful under VHOs!).

I'm looking at the Giesemann Infiniti fixture, have looked at a friend's Sfiligoi (which is unappealing to me due to its WEIGHT - I don't want nearly 80lbs hanging over my tank), am waiting to see what the SLS Maristar II looks like whenever it is finished, and the Elos line of lighting.

My tank is a 120G, 48x25x25. I'm looking for a 250W DE/T5 combo. I want 2 banks of T5s, and, prefer that each bank have its own dedicated ballast, allowing each of the two bulb sets to be turned off individually.

I'd like input from people who have any of the above units, or have owned several of them through a series of trying them out.

Any help is appreciated.

Nuuze
05/27/2007, 04:51 AM
My Sfiligoi is noy 80 lbs. Does he have the magnetic ballast in his? I also hear from Alessandro at Sfiligoi and Will from Aquarium Obsessed that all the new fixtures with out ACLS ship with Icecaps now.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1119604&highlight=sfiligoi