PDA

View Full Version : Frag meets

Dave VG
05/22/2007, 08:18 AM
When and where is the next closest frag meet. I have not been able to find out on fragswapper.com

Dave

zanclus
05/22/2007, 09:11 AM
we can have one here...

Dave VG
05/22/2007, 10:07 AM
I wish i had something to swap. Just starting out. Got some real good soft coral from Nate, Adam and mox so far. Just getting tank ready for sps now.

Dave

jacksonpt
05/23/2007, 10:24 AM
To piggy back off this a little bit...

What's involved in hosting a meet? I have a big house but a little bitty tank. I'd love to meet you guys and would be happy to have you all over, but I don't have much equipment available to help people who might bring frags.

Dave VG
05/23/2007, 10:31 AM
Name a time and place, have setup room for frag swappers and invite people. You could also put it on fragswaper.com

Dave

jacksonpt
05/23/2007, 10:33 AM
So people who have frags available bring their own tanks/equipment? I don't need to do anything other than be there?

zanclus
05/23/2007, 10:34 AM
I am more than Happy to host a meet. We ca do it in June if thats cool with everyone.. I have a Big tank lots of room and some frags 2 sell too lol You can bring anything you want ... some bring a small tank with frags they are selling . Others bring equipment for sale some jjust bring thier frags all packaged up for transport. If you are buying frags a cooler is reccormended for transport.

fatrip
05/23/2007, 10:35 AM
jacksonpt, all you need is a big house and some electrical outlets, and some tables...some people will bring a tank with them and some will just bring them in bags and coolers....no need for you to have any of these things, usual they are all brought by the people comeing...maybe have a few rubber bands and bags ...lol incase some one forgets or runs out... and maybe some chips, everyone likes chips..

zanclus
05/23/2007, 10:37 AM
Beer dont forget the Beer oh and dancing girls is a plus too....

fatrip
05/29/2007, 06:48 PM
jacksonpt, just bumping this one up to see if you are still thinking about a frag meet in the near future?

nwrogers
05/29/2007, 06:53 PM
Yes if jacksonpt wants to host the next one that would be cool. Then maybe Zan can do the one after that and I can do the one after that one :)

fatrip
05/29/2007, 07:18 PM
ahhhh i am shaking just thinking about all of the frags i see in my near future....lol

Dave VG
05/29/2007, 08:12 PM
Really looking forward to the next one. The one at P&C was really nice. Could not stay there long due to other obligations. I will plan better for the next one tho. My tank should be ready for some more softies and some SPS by then hopefully.

Dave

jacksonpt
05/30/2007, 05:38 AM
Yep, I can host one. Outlets shouldn't be a problem, and we can use the counter tops in my kitchen for "display tables." I'll pick up some chips and soda as well once we have an idea how many people are coming. Maybe a pizza too, but we'll see.

How about Sunday, June 17 - 2:00 until whenever. I figure that will give any church goers time to do their thing.

nwrogers
05/30/2007, 07:06 AM
June 17 @ 2:00 works for me

fatrip
05/30/2007, 07:35 AM
good for me...too..

frankandmaura
05/31/2007, 05:10 AM
I would like to attend, but the 17th is Father's Day...I am not sure I can make it (we usually have a BBQ).

If that works for everyone else, no biggy...just letting ya know it is Father's Day.

fatrip
05/31/2007, 05:24 AM
now im bummin...can't go now thanks for tellin us it was fathers day frank...lol...it will be my first fathers day and if i left for this i think kelly would kill me....sorry jackson.

frankandmaura
05/31/2007, 05:36 AM
Sorry Man...but such is my life, every darn weekend I have something going on. No matter how long you plan something it seems to be overcome by events!

I have a "boy's" weekend every year. We go to the 1000 Islands to golf, play poker and get drunk. This year we settled on a date in January or February. We are going June 21st to the 24th. Doesn't my cousin decide to have her baby in May and plan her Christening for the 24th...now I have to cut my weekend short :)

Thats just the way it goes...

jacksonpt
05/31/2007, 05:43 AM
Father's day??? *sigh* - I'll reschedule...

nwrogers
05/31/2007, 07:42 AM
Maybe we should schedule it a little further out anyway since we just had a frag meet on May 5th. If we have our frag meets too close together the turnout may not be as good as we may like. Don’t get me wrong I am definitely happy to have smaller meets. That is actually one of the nice parts of this club IMO. However sometimes it is good to get a few extra people there so there are more people to trade with. We should take a look at when NCPARS and URSNY are having meets and try to avoid having meets on the same weekend or too close to theirs. I was thinking having meets quarterly or every other month would probably be good. What are other people’s thoughts on this? Of course with this club there are no hard and fast rules only ideas and suggestions so let’s hear them if you have one on this subject…

jacksonpt
05/31/2007, 08:02 AM
I guess it probably comes down to the availability of frags. If we have meets too often, people won't be able to grow out their frags, and there will be nothing to trade.

I imagine some of the appeal to these meets is the social aspect, but without frags I think attendance would suffer. Since we just had one, perhaps we should shoot for late July/early August for the next one? That would give people plenty of time to prepare...