PDA

View Full Version : 14.5k Megachrome SE - 250w

klasiksb
05/22/2007, 10:32 AM
Is anyone running this bulb on a PFO HQI ballast? I'm thinking of trying this bulb, but not sure what to expect as far as color and performance.

anemoneguy
05/22/2007, 03:24 PM
i will be tomarrow. im switching from a 10k. i will try to post after a few days and let you know.

Nick A
05/23/2007, 10:36 PM
Bump...wanted to see how this would look since I was looking into one when I get my next pendant and other bulbs

manderx
05/23/2007, 11:26 PM
dunno about SE on a M80 but it was a disappointment on an icecap. i got 10kXM, 10KUshio, G14.5 and a 10LReeflux to compare on my 3x3. at first the reeflux looked the best (though it was a slight pink and stood out next to the other truer 10K bulbs). the 10K XM looked best of the rest, then g14.5, then ushio looked worst. though to be honest, these 3 all looked about the same from across the room. but after a few months, the reeflux had lost it's pop and the ushio of all bulbs looked the best. dunno if it got whiter and brighter as it aged or if the others dimmed. when i ran each by themselves, they all looked fantastic. tank wasn't doing well enough to make growth comparisons (they all grew corals as slow as the others). if i was choosing between these 4 again i'd probably go all 10K xm. other than the RF, they were all close enough that the more expensive ones really don't seem worth it.

i really wanted the g14.5 to kick butt. i ran it back in the day in DE and *really* liked it. corals never did better than under them.

phishlet
08/19/2007, 07:23 PM
bump