PDA

View Full Version : devil thy name is caulerpa

BigBadBlenny
05/22/2007, 06:34 PM
ok so i got caulerpa for my sump a bit ago. i left it in my display for a few days until my sump was ready. when i took it out i left behind a few stands.. now its a problem.

q: what fish will eat grape caulerpa. fit in a 100 g tank and is reef safe??

ty

BigDaddy
05/22/2007, 06:36 PM
Foxface rabbit fish love the stuff. They will consume all the algea that is in the tank.

They are also reef safe.

illcssd
05/22/2007, 06:45 PM
My blue tang loves it, absolutely demolished it in a 29g for a month while it was tiny. Then was moved to my 125 where it took care of it all since. I haven't had any since adding him.

New_Noob
05/22/2007, 06:47 PM
yes both those would be good choices, there are lots of different species of tangs also

2crazyreefers
05/22/2007, 06:47 PM
I may have a 1 second fix for you. Snap a picture of it with a flash. No need to actually take a picture, I seen my brother take a picture of his tank and then all of a sudden his caulerpa turned white the next day then proceeded to dye off. Give it a shot, then get back to me please. I wanted to post this yesterday when someone else had the problem but I had to go.

BigBadBlenny
05/22/2007, 06:50 PM
thanx for the replies guys. i have a tomini in the tank right now but he hasnt eaten any of it. i just took a few hand fulls out, it was choking some zoo bunches. 100% my fault and now i am paying for it