PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish question

bboilek
05/23/2007, 11:50 AM
Hello all,
I am new to this Hobby/marriage and have a newbie question. I have a 300 gallon tank that is set up as fish only and have a question on if it is possible to have 2 angels live together if I get them as juevies? The angels I am looking towards are the Emperator angel and the Queen angel. The tank dimensions are: 96x24x30 LWH.

Currently in my tank I have:
2-Green chromis that I expect will be gone soon.
2- Lionfish
5-yellow tangs
1-Maroone clownfish
1-Anomone
5-narsissus(sp) snails
45-hermit crabs

Future fish:
Pair of Crosshatch triggers
1-Puffer
and that will more then likely be it.

I also have plenty of hiding spots for all the fish that sometime when I view the tank, I do not see any fish except my clown which stays close to the anomone.

My LFS says it will more then likely not be an issue, but any help with choosing will be considered in my dilema.

bugsy1
05/23/2007, 12:01 PM
I have a Rock Beauty Angelfish & Lamarck Angelfish living together for about two weeks now.
The rock beauty hid for the first day in the rocks . now they are always togther. (with a yellow tang) they are like the three stooges always with each other.

good luck:)

williams-crist
05/23/2007, 12:18 PM
I have a Koran Angel and a pygmy cherub angel. I think going the large angel and a pygmy angel is a safer route then having two large angels.

My little cherub is a joy to watch. He loves swimming and ducking in and out of the live rock. He is much more active then my large angel who spends time "chilling" under his favorite rock.

Angels are my favorite, so I know how you feel.

Debra

bboilek
05/23/2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the input so far! I still have time to decide, and will look up some of the angels you mentioned. I really like to color of the Emperator as adult and as a juvie, but love the color of the angel as the adult!

jer77
05/23/2007, 02:31 PM
I have an emperor angel juvi and I love its behavior and colors. I'm waiting to upgrade to a tank like yours in the future to really be able to keep an adult. I would think that with a tank of that size you should have no problems keeping the two together.

Jerry W
05/24/2007, 01:10 AM
You might have better luck with them as juveniles, but as they grow/mature, the problems could arise. Both are assertive fish. I think given your current/proposed fish list, one large angel would be nice, and two would be a potential problem.

bboilek
05/24/2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for info Jerry,
This is what I would expect would happen once they mature, but now I have to choose between the two! Has anyone had better luck with one or the other?

If I decide not to get both angels, I may go toward getting one Flame angel instead of one of the above mentioned.

Thanks for everyone's help in deciding!

Ben